Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thoughts On Web 2.0

Ever since the day I saw the video of "Web 2.0", I haven't yet stopped thinking about the impact the web has on EVER single individual . When you think about it, every single individual in this world has some type of association with the web. It can be a social network or even just a simple email account. Honestly, the whole idea that we as individuals rely on the web...kind of scares and concerns me of what the future will behold for generations to come. A great example would be a good friend of mine that literally lives of her laptop. From Facebook, Myspace, her bank account, ordering food online, watching videos, and reading books. I asked her one day "What would you do if your laptop ever was ever damaged?" She replied that she would beg for her room mates laptop and hold on to it till her own laptop was fixed . She told me in her own words that the internet is her life. Its these types of actions that concern me about how we rely on the web so much. Come to think of it, what would you do if suddnely the world's internet suddenly stopped working? Theres always the library you know. :)

8 comments:

Matt Costanzo said...

I agree the web has taken over many peoples lives and a lot of people now rely on the web for virtually everything. From shopping for every day needs to keeping in contact with people. I think if the internet would just stop then there would cause a lot of chaos!

Corey Frost said...

I agree, Matt and Miguel. I know that it's already quite hard for me to go very long without internet access. This summer my hard drive crashed and I was without my laptop for a week or so, I felt what can only be described as withdrawal symptoms.

myoussef100 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
myoussef100 said...

I agree with you 100% ;for example, if the internet stops ,I won’t get the information that I need for my classes such as the blackboard which our professors use to inform us with all their lectures and notes. I can say if I lost the internet, I wouldn't do any of my assignments and would be a huge disorder to me.

Christine Endriss said...

I agree in the web taking over many peoples lives. When it comes to paying bills a lot of banks have been offering customers to get statements over the internet. Pay their bills over the internet to where you don't even need to go to the bank unless you have to take money out or make a deposit. If my laptop crashed it feels like for me my whole life would go with it.

WeiRan said...

I agree with you. People take a lot of advantages from internet. With the internet, the business is greatly developed and the communication is easier. I can't imagine, if the internet stop working. The whole world will become stagnated.

WeiRan said...

sorry popoma = WeiRan ^^

haisheng lu said...

100% yes.....i still remember once my laptop was out of working, i felt like i had lost my religion.Now if i gonna rent a new place to move my home,the first thing i ask the house owner is nothing but "this room got internet access?"....