Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dance.net

The website I had chosen for my topic is not a very well known social networking site. The website dance.net is a social networking site that dancers young and old use to post blogs about what is new in the dance world and asks for advice when they have a question on a technique or a step. The site allows dancers to post pictures of things they have done or even videos. Other members of the site then critique or give advice on what they see. Considering my site is not very well known I found articles that talk about other social networking sites that help artists in todays world. The first one being posted is a social networking site that MC Hammer is starting with a business associate that is a reminder of youtube but with more focus on dance. Making them might being able to find the next big star.


3 comments:

Rongke said...

First of all, I like this website.
It's interesting about the comments with correct gramma. I like dance, but I don't know any general knowlege about dance. haha~~
I can see some beautiful pictures and some vedios from this website.
someone is so cute and someone is so good at dance. I think I can learn some from this website.

myoussef100 said...

well done! I can say that Iam the biggest fan for dance and I think everyone want to see how the ways of dance are , so I think that it's a wondeful website because it's not just for dance techniques and any posting comments. I admire the idea of that networking site is to correct also your writing and doesn't accept any weird words in your comment.I believe that it's dance and writing class at the same time and for free!

Jake Gold said...

Well first off I would like to say that I enjoyed your presentation on dance.com. You showed us all aspects of the website, but more importantly, you were able to invite us into your life and show us all why a website like dance.com can be so influential in lives of dancers like yourself. I like how dance.com is able to keep up with the prestige and eloquence of dance in that it does not allow for random babbling and requires actual intelligence to contribute to its site. Mostly I thought it was really cool how people can both connect with other dancers with similar styles and with professional dancers, organizations, and companies. Good job!