Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Summary of Youtube.com discussion

I am in a state of fear right now. I fear for the lives of my friends, enemies, family, pets and, more important, I fear for my own life. This is not due to the nearing prospect of nuclear war, I fear the most odd videos on earth: YouTube.Everyone knows what I'm talking about. You sit down at your computer to get some work done-maybe write a paper that was due yesterday. But, instead of working, you accidentally see the YouTube icon in your "Favorites" list. Now you're doomed. You click on the icon to just browse for a few minutes and before you know it, the day is over and you're horribly screwed.I can't tell you the number of times that I've wasted an entire day or weekend by sitting around and hearing of those dummy videos like "throwing a baby" .By the wayI saw this video , before it was deleted . I would need a NASA super computer to figure out how often I've watched a pointless video on YouTube. It can't be a good sign when I, an adult and a soon-to-be college graduate, can't budget my time around one internet web site like YouTube. But, to be fair, the site is the giant of the internet.The amount of videos on Youtube is absolutely for fun or fake audio stories.YouTube is like a pregnant woman because it carries billions of videos , so with any digital cameras falling, any uneducated persons can pick one up and film themselves doing just about anything. With the ability to rate these ridiculous videos, I find myself clicking on videos that other people find interesting or funny.The ability of this site to find topics and videos that interest us personally is scary. If the ability of a site to waste my time is this good now, I shudder to imagine what it'll be like in 20 or 30 years when I have kids. How the hell am I going to get my kid to study or get away from the computer to engage in sports? My only hope is that they'll evolve the ability to ignore the senseless and random information on the internet, because I sure don't have that ability. That summary of what I feel toward Youtube , I consider it that isn't more than learning and watching useful video . I wonder till now how people can upload their videos easily to the puplic unless they feel that those videos will be the main factor to get the "Presidency Chair".
That it's a summary of my discussion , but it's not the description of how Youtube looks like.

Thanks ,

MAGGI YOUSSEF

No comments: