Monday, November 24, 2008

Last minute peer review

Since you have all finished your second paper now, I want you to do a last-minute swap in order to act as proof-readers for one another. Here's how it works:

Tonight (Monday), read your paper again carefully and fix any spelling, grammar, wording etc. issues you spot. Then, when you are satisfied that it is pristine, email it to your partner. Do this before sunrise. Your partner will do the same.

When you get your partner's paper, read it through carefully looking for errors and trying to follow the argument. Then cut and paste the following checklist into an email and send it back to your partner, along with any other comments you have. Also, send a copy of your comments to me. Do this by sunrise Wednesday. The final versions of your papers are due Friday.

1. ___ I found formatting problems (explain).
2. ___ I found typos.
3. ___ I found spelling mistakes.
4. ___ I found grammar mistakes.
5. ___ I found diction mistakes (using the wrong word).
6. I agreed / disagreed with your conclusion. (Circle one)
7. Explain your answer to number 6.
8. Other comments:

No comments: